To make this for 4-6 people you will need:
10 frozen waffles, thawed and cut into quarters
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons butter
6 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
1-2 green onion, minced (1/2 a red onion will work, too)
1 avocado, cubed
⅓ cup minced cilantro
Or whatever else you’d like as a topping. Perhapsa ½ cup salsa
Season to taste!
1. Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray. (Parchment paper will make cleanup easier!) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Put the waffle triangles, in an even layer, on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the cheese and then bake until the waffles are golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime: Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the hot pan, then reduce the heat to low. Fry the eggs until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, 4 to 5 minutes.
4. When the nachos come out of the oven, transfer the eggs to the baking sheet, placing them on top of the waffles.
4. Sprinkle your favorite toppings on like bacon, green onion, avocado and cilantro. You could spice with your favorite Cajun seasoning or just salt and pepper. Serve immediately.