This year’s Christmas tree curbside recycling program will begin January 7 with service scheduled to run through January 19. The Christmas tree curbside recycling program is available for all East Baton Rouge Parish residents, with the exception of residents inside Baker and Zachary city limits as these cities operate under separate recycling collection service agreements.
Trees must be placed curbside a minimum of three feet from other garbage and unbundled trash, with tinsel, stands, lights, and ornaments removed from trees as these items can contaminate the City-Parish’s ability to recycle the tree. Residents should avoid placing trees curbside with any flocking, decorations, stands, or in plastic bags; while these will still be picked up as trash, they will not be recycled.
Residents will be able to drop off their Christmas tree for recycling at the following locations from December 26, 2018, through January 26, 2019:
- Independence Park, parking lot off Lobdell between tennis courts and Liberty Lagoon
- Highland Road Park, 14024 Highland Road
- Memorial Stadium, grassy lot near the corner of Scenic and Foss
- Flannery Road Park, 801 S. Flannery Road
- LSU, Skip Bertman Drive, lot across from Vet School
All trees that are clean and clear of any contaminating items will be taken to a composting facility where they will be chipped and beneficially reused. For more information, visit brla.gov/recycle.