Got some super leftovers? Sure you could crumble them and use them as breading but here is an extra challenge. Use them in a dessert!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups broken pretzels, divided
- 1 cup crushed potato chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a 9×9-inch baking dish with aluminum foil, extending the foil over the sides to form a handle. Lightly grease the foil.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined and no lumps remain. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract. Then stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips then gently fold 1/2 cup of the broken pretzels and 1/2 cup of the crushed potato chips. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish, smoothing the top with a spatula. DO NOT TOP WITH REMAINING, CHOCOLATE, PRETZELS AND CHIPS, YET.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Immediately after removing the cookie bars from the oven, press 1/2 cup of the pretzels and 1/4 cup of the potato chips along the surface. Cool completely in the pan.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and the vegetable oil in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 second increments, stirring well after heating, until smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the bars. Press the remaining pretzels and potato chips into the melted chocolate.