30 Ways To KNEAUX-You Are ABSOLUTELY From South Louisiana!
1. There are only TWO choices for chicken: Cane's or Chick-Fil-A.
2. If you're not eating Cane's or Chick-Fil-A, you'll probably have to "make groceries."
3. After you get out of the shower, and you start to sweat, you're not sure if it's the heat of the shower or humidity outside sneaking in.
4. By the way, 60% relative humidity is comfortable.
5. We take "y'all" to a whole NEW level than other places in the south. For example, when an invitation to a family reunion is given, they want "all y'all" (double plural) to come, and bring "all y'all's dogs." (double plural possessive)
6. It's annoying to you when people actually get offended when we say "yes sir" or yes m'am." What is WRONG with them?!?
7. You want your po-boy dressed, and you expect everyone to know what that means.
8. No one outside the state can pronounce your last name.
9. You know what "don't eat the dead ones" means.
10. You want to get "all up in everyone's business." especially people you meet for the first time. Bonus points if they're Rams fans.
11. You get more excited about seeing the mosquito spray truck than the ice cream truck.
12. You're fixin' to do something.
13. You wear a heavy sweater and those really cute boots when the temperature FINALLY drops to 62 degrees.
14. You believe that North Louisiana is a different state.
15. You actually WANT to get the Baby in the King Cake, and get upset when you see it laying outside the cake.
16. Sweet tea is ALWAYS the first beverage choice.
17. You have more Mardi Gras beads in your attic than on most floats in the parade.
18. You make the thermostat switch from cool to heat in less than 24 hours.
19. You never put summer clothes away. Or flip flops.
20. A cold front always means GUMBO. And you better make potato salad. With Blue Plate Mayo ONLY!
21. It's called a "buggy;" not a "shopping cart!"
22. It's called the "interstate;" not the "freeway."
23. It's called "dressing;" not "stuffing."
24. The reason you drive so close to the shoulder on the highway is to avoid the tire worn trenches in the pavement that has potholes and holds water. (Similar situation for driving in the passing lane for the shoulder warning grooves--with that obnoxious repetitive sound. The right lane had to be moved to the shoulder land because of road construction--RIGHT Ascension Parish?)
25. You buy this really cool Ford F-150 truck, and then believe that you're the only one in town with that really cool F-150 truck.
26. When tell someone you want a Coke, and they say, “what kind?” The answers include (but are not limited to) Dr. Pepper; Barq’s or Sprite.
27. Before picking your wedding date, you ALWAYS check the LSU and Saints football schedules first.
28. A tornado warning alert on your phone is your signal to go out in the yard and look for a funnel cloud.
29. You know that the true value of an awesome parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
30. You give a long stare of judgement to anyone who says "I don't eat crawfish."
Did we miss any? Leave a comment!
Want to know more about Scotty Mac? Get their official bio, social pages & articles!Read more
Text 225-939-0785 Reply STOP to cancel. Standard text message and data rates apply.