CHECK OUT THE FULL ET INTERVIEW BELOW! This Baton Rouge star is EXTREMELY comfortable and confident in front of the camera. OK, here's the Top 8 LIST
- Hunter is STILL writing music. As in right now. Even with “The Voice” show performances, rehearsals, and promotional appearances, he still keeps a piece of paper and his phone notes close by, so he can write another lyric line in-between.
- While some other contestants might have been creeped out with the idea using animated lasers during a live performance, Hunter embraced it...and LOVED it. He told ET, “The lasers were really dope.”
- Hunter says it’s difficult to pick a song. “As an artist, I’m used to writing my own songs, so I’m trying to figure out a song I can take the hooks from, and make my music around that.”
- He is the ONLY contestant in the Top 10 of the current iTunes chart with “Higher Love;" the song he performed Monday night. That song Hunter hit as high as #7 on iTunes; staying the Top 10 for a good part of this week. By the way, the closest rank from another #TheVoice” contestant to him on the chart was country star Lauren Duski that reach her peak at #15.
- Hunter has a fan base he didn’t even know about. Even though international votes are not counted, people world-wide are downloading Hunter’s music on iTunes. He’s especially strong in Europe, including the largest city, Istanbul. (I didn’t know that was the largest city either.) Since ALL download numbers are factored in, international purchases have been a HUGE help.
- After they announced he had made the Top 8 last night, he tweeted out, “HOLY CRAP!!”
- If he were to choose a cover of a song from his coach, Gwen Stefani, he said it would be “Don’t Speak” by No Doubt.
- Hunter says he will perform an original song he wrote about his wife if he gets through this last round of eliminations to reach the final 4. The song is entitled “Float.”
“I had never done covers before, I normally sing my original stuff, so coming into this place (The Voice), I didn’t want to become karaoke. That’s not my goal.”