If you are getting a big tax refund, how in the world will you be able to spend it all? Well, lucky for you, there are a few things that ALWAYS go on sale in April, so you can feel smart about how you spend that return! In fact, here are six things that always go on sale in April:
1. Athletic Shoes. A lot of people buy them for spring, so stores and websites get pretty competitive with prices; even the top name brands. They also might still be trying to sell off stock from last year.
2. Jackets. They start going on sale this month, so stores can make more room for lighter, summer clothes.
3. Paint and other home improvement supplies. The weather's getting nicer, so stores really start to push that stuff. Some hardware stores will mark down spring supplies as much as 35%.
4. Pots, pans, and other household items. Mother's Day is coming up, and so is wedding season. So stores try to take advantage by dropping their prices to add to their bottom line.
5. A tune-up for your car. It's National Car Care Month, so a lot of mechanics offer deals on tune-ups, oil changes, new tires, and A/C services.
6. Last-minute vacations. April is considered an off-season month, because it's right after winter, but before summer . . . and Easter is right in the middle of it. So you might be able to get a pretty good deal on flights and hotels.