Kisses demonstrate affection, love, and the ever popular tingly feelings. Kisses can even determine if a relationship is real or not. In fact, research shows over half of women and men will add-or take away "points" for a future relationship-based on the first kiss. Remember knowledge is PUCKER POWER, so let's get to it!
1. Human lips are hundreds of times more sensitive than the tips of a person's fingers.
2. A kiss increases a person's pulse to 100 beats per minute or more, which is almost double a normal resting heart rate.
3. A person passes on 278 different types of bacteria to another person when they kiss. Fortunately, 95% of them are not harmful.
4. If someone kisses another person for a certain amount of time, this is much more effective in terms of hygiene than using chewing gum. Kissing can even help prevent tooth decay!
5. A passionate kiss causes the same chemical reactions in the brain that skydiving and firing a gun.
6. During a person's lifetime, they spend about 2 weeks kissing.
7. The world record for the "Longest Kiss" is over 2 days! The kiss totaled 58 hours!
8. Most people remember their first kiss more than the first time they had sex.
9. One kiss requires 146 muscles to coordinate, 34 of them are in your face! The other 112 are postural muscles throughout your body.
10. Kissing burns 26 calories in 1 minute! (kissing can help you stay healthy!)
Sources: Facebook; BuzzFeed; Cosmopolitan; Women's Day; YourTango