Single at Mardi Gras? Wanna change that? Alisa offers some creative ways to be noticed. Take some of these for a test-drive each time you go out - or parade watch - and see what works for you. Here we geaux!
1. Get closer. Then break eye contact just long enough to glance down at his lips. It's a subtle cue that you're open to a kiss.
2. Choose a theme song. Play it to pump yourself up while you're getting ready. Then whenever you hear it when you're out, it will make you feel good — and bold enough to say hi to the hottest of the hotties.
3. Wear dangly earrings. They draw attention to the smooth curves of our neck — it's a classy way to subtly show skin.
4. Keep gum or Tic Tacs in your purse. "Want one?" is the world's easiest icebreaker.
5. Take a cue from Taylor Swift. Throw it back to her classic "I'm Only Me When I'm With You" and channel her goofy, fun-loving personality. It's exactly what guys mean when they say, "Confidence is sexy.
6. Master the bump-and-flatter. Run into a hottie at a crowded party. Say, "Oh, sorry — I become a total klutz around cute guys." Then just introduce yourself.
7. Make dates spontaneously. Text, "I'm craving a McFlurry!! Drop what you're doing and hit the drive-thru with me? :)"
8. Be interested. Make a point to show how involved you are in the conversation by asking questions or saying "yeah" and “wow." Without realizing why, they'll be encouraged to keep talking.
12. Memorize a great joke (or one that's so bad it's good). Knowing you can pull it out anytime means you'll never have an awkward pause in conversation. Plus, if you make someone laugh, you're totally in.
14. When you’re outside, be obvious sometimes. Like when you "accidentally" throw your Frisbee toward cuties in the park, an exaggerated apology lets them know you're flirting on purpose (and in on the joke).
15. Pass a handwritten note at a party that says, "Just saying hi!" Slip it into their pocket — it's a million times cuter than a text.
16. Channel your cool-girl crush. Bella Thorne is the definition of breezy — she never looks ruffled around guys. If you don't have that same completely cool attitude, fake it until you really feel it.
17. Send a quick flirty text a minute after you trade numbers. It will take them by surprise and make them smile.
18. Picture-text them a movie poster: And say, "4 PM show tomorrow — wanna go? I'll even share my popcorn!"
19. Change the wallpaper on their phone to one of the cheesiest preset pictures — the sillier the better. Then hand it back to them and joke, "This just seemed more 'you.'" It's a funny way to keep up your flirty banter.
20. Leave this Instagram comment: "This pic is hilarious. What's actually going on there?" After they respond, say, "You should tell me in person. :)"