Many of us dread Monday morning. But not everyone. #mondaymorningsuccess
1. They wake up early. Successful people go to sleep at a decent hour on Sunday night, get a good night's sleep, and wake up early Monday morning.
2. They exercise. Working out gets your circulation going and helps you stay alert, putting you at an advantage for a productive week ahead.
3. They eat a healthy breakfast. On Monday morning, you want to handle everything you have control over. Eating breakfast is one of those things.
4. They arrive early. Do not succumb to the snooze button. Being an early bird will give you some wiggle room for the unexpected at work, not to mention any important personal matters that may arise.
5. They clear their desk and desktop. Organize and prioritize your files. Put aside unimportant paperwork and keep critical files easily accessible. You want to be prepared when you, your boss, or colleagues need something at the last minute.
6. They carve out time for unexpected projects and tasks. Successful individuals expect the unexpected on Monday.
7. They greet their team and boss. This is important to do first thing every morning to keep morale high, but on Monday it's particularly valuable, as your team needs a special boost.
8. They update their to-do list and set five to eight goals for the week.
9. They visualize the week's successes. By envisioning the positive outcomes of various projects at hand, you can work backward and determine the necessary steps to get your desired results.
10. They screen emails for urgent requests. You can sink into email oblivion if you don't scan your inbox for urgency.
11. They tackle the tough challenges first. The least desirable but critical projects are easy to put off, but your energy is stronger in the morning, so that's the ideal time to confront the most difficult assignments.
12. They make an extra effort to smile. You may well stand out in the crowd, but your smile will likely be contagious, helping both you and team members relax.
13. They add a "blanket of humanity" to their emails. It's tempting to power through all your emails in the most efficient way on Monday mornings. But before you hit send, read them over to ensure that they're friendly and clear. Perhaps saying “Hi” and “I hope you had a good weekend.”
14. They're able to say no. Successful people can diplomatically and politely say no to colleagues by offering to engage at a later time." Obviously, if your boss needs you, that is clearly an exception.
15. They stay focused. Successful people don't dwell on any challenging events that occurred over the weekend, or other frivolous thoughts.
16. They remember that there is Tuesday. Sometimes you cannot get everything done on Monday, so before you schedule overtime, you might find certain problems you're pondering will resolve themselves.