You CAN afford to re-new your kitchen for Christmas! There are six simple things you can do to give the heart of your home a makeover. The most obvious is also one of the biggest changes: Paint! The cabinets would have the biggest impact but even if you just did the walls you would see your kitchen ion a new way. Other tips are less involved, de-clutter, or color co-ordinate…match towels with the wall paper or color and then add dishes in the same color too. (My extra tip on that is look for dishes at estate sales. They are usually high quality but at a steep discount!)
- Paint your Cabinets and/or Walls-This is a bit of an undertaking but bang for your buck this one gives a huge return!
- Handles-make a huge impact with a touch of character.
- Declutter-This is really is the easiest way to give yourself a whole bunch of new counter space.
- Color Co-Ordinate-Matching up your accent pieces from towels to plates to wallpaper or wall paint is easy way to streamline the look of your kitchen.
- Open Shelving-This wouldn’t work for most families everywhere but one or two cabinets without their doors or better still if you have the space, on a wall, add some floating shelves.
- Add Plants! Potted herbs would be ideal. The plant itself adds a useful freshness to the space and depending on what you plant them in you can also add a lot of character to your kitchen!