4 large sweet potatoes
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cups old fashioned rolled oats 2/3 cups brown sugar 2 tablespoons flour 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix together butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Place mix on a sheet of plastic wrap and form it into a small rectangle or square. Then place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, until firm.
- Slice sweet potatoes carefully every 1/8 to 1/4 inch but not all the way through. Go only 3/4 of the way down the potato. (Placing chop sticks or an upside down plate on either side can help with the middle cuts.)
- Get the butter mix from the freezer and slice into thin chunks. Gently pull apart the sweet potatoes and place a butter pat in every three or four slices. Sprinkle with more cinnamon, place in a baking dish so they sit upright.
- Make the crumble by mixing the ingredients until the entire thing is moistened and comes together. Then gently press equal amounts on top of each potato.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, then cover the potatoes with foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes. Yum!