On Reddit Beauty experts shared their tricks to make their makeup last all day. They didn’t agree on all the tips but face shaving was one they were all on board for…
- Shaving your face is a “must” according to all the beauty bloggers. Removing the peach fuzz we all have, that gets worse as we age, helps smooth out our complexion. Shaving our face allows makeup to sit smoother - meaning it looks better and lasts longer.
- Spray your sponge with setting spray. Sponges are great for spreading makeup evenly. But use setting spray instead of water and they will also help to apply makeup that lasts longer.
- Use setting spray BEFORE foundation. This seems to go along a similar path as the prior suggestion.
- Don’t powder oily zones. May sound backwards but powdering the oily areas of your face actually doesn't help in making your face look less oily. It may actually contribute to breakouts. Just stick with a few dabs of foundation.
- Flip powder and foundation. This is from a different Reddit expert that does a dusting of translucent powder first and then foundation. Sounds like a recipe for blocked pores but she swears by it.
- Pencil in before lipstick. This is an oldie but apparently a “goodie” as all the beauty bloggers agreed on this tip.