1. VITAMIN D AND C-Sure vitamin C is obvious for its help to our immune system but D is a big one for gut health. Try and get out doors for at least 15 minutes a day and take a supplement if necessary.
2. EAT MORE FISH OR NUTS - The omega-3 fatty acids in them helps lower depression.
3. GET ENOUGH SLEEP-This is when everything works to become well. Try to get a good night's sleep whenever possible to boost your physical and emotional well-being.
4. Get PROBIOTICs- Keeping the gut microbes in check helps us stay healthy. It has been shown to regulate weight, fat storage and even influence our mood.
5. SET A NEW GOAL -Challenge yourself to learn something new or start a new hobby. Work your way through a cookbook, pickup knitting or try learning French.
6. PHOTOGRAPH LEAVES-We don’t have the massive color change like they have up north but there are a few trees that change leaf color and looking for the beauty in that can help boost your mood.
7. SIP GREEN TEA-Green tea is packed with nutrients and antioxidants to aid digestion, and helps protect and nourish the gut lining and fight against degenerative diseases. The slower pace can be very calming as well.