Exercise is great but it is not the only thing we can do to be healthier. The six top things we can do to improve our health without working out:
- Eat mindfully. Sure the “mindful movement” can be a bit of a buzz word but it all boils down to paying attention. This will cause us to eat slower and possibly less. After a while we may actually eat healthier.
- Cut back on Alcohol. The tannins in red wine are present in grapes and nuts. Sure an occasional drink isn’t going to wreck you but don’t pretend it is a healthy thing.
- Stop eating lunch at your desk! This goes back to the first tip and the added stress of trying to decide what to prioritize is really bad for digestion.
- Avoid Processed Food-They are easy to grab and have on hand. But they are pretty much packing us full of fillers, stabilizers and thickeners that can disrupt our body’s ability to soak in essential vitamins and nutrients from real foods.
- SLEEP! Not getting enough sleep doesn’t make you a hero or dedicated wonder. It does however change your behavior and health but not in a good way. Sleep is when your body relaxes and repairs. Too important not to prioritize.
- Let go of stress. Probably easier said than done but chronic stress can kill you. Yep, exercise is the big release but if that is not what you have time for every day, try journaling, meditating, or reaching out to a friend.