Sometimes the simplest things can bring us pleasure. According to a poll here is the list of simple things that can boost our mood.
- Sleeping on freshly cleaned sheets--Changing just once a week is typical but, if you want to boost your mood, make this favorite event happen twice a week!
- Laughing with friends—The next time you find yourself having a good laugh try to make a mental note of the good fortune you have to be in that joyful moment.
- The words, “I Love You”—To say them to someone or to hear them said to you.
- Bubble baths—A self-indulgent break
- Sitting calmly with your child—finding the time to just enjoy each other’s company without the urgency to get anywhere else is a major comfort.
- Stepping on a scale to see you’ve lost weight.
- The smell of freshly cut grass.
- A snuggle with a pet—Pets can bring a great deal of joy.
- Finishing a book
Waking to the sound of birds singing—taking a moment the first thing every morning to appreciate the simple things can lead to a better view of the day as a whole.