Top 10 Home Improvements
1. Add mirrors –reflecting light and adding a feeling of space
2. A pristine and private garden-Defines endearing and it does not have to be large to do it.
3. Opening up space-Living rooms become Great rooms when they open up to a dining room or kitchen.
4. Makeover the kitchen—This and the master bath are big ticket items but they have big returns too.
5. Get rid of busy wallpaper—Wallpaper is making a return but super busy is not and it makes the room feel too busy
6. Replace doors –The front door is the first and last impression for guest and back door is the first and last impression for you!
7. Covered parking— Think long and hard before you convert your garage to a hobby room. For resale value and your own comfort, on rainy days, a covered space to keep your second most expensive financial instrument is an asset.
8. Be energy efficient – prices vary greatly as to what you can do to help save money on your energy bill. You’ll enjoy the savings as your lower energy bill is a resale plus!
9. Paint! –Outside it makes the house look fresh and inside one neutral color throughout is ideal for resale. But if you just feel like having fun paint one inside wall something unexpected. Live with or repaint it, it is an easy enough task to take on.
10. Fireplace—In South Louisiana we don’t really need them but they are charming and now a days you can get very realistic and charming “fireplace” styled space heaters. If you have an existing one, consider updating its mantel and fireplace doors. If you wish to really change up its whole appearance, it can be a big improvement, be sure to check with a professional for fire safety standards.