2-3 lbs. boneless chuck, cut into 1 inch cubes,
2 cups of diced carrots,
4 potatoes peeled and quartered,
1 onion, sliced,
2 cups beer,
⅛ tsp. pepper,
½ cup flour,
1 clove garlic, minced,
¼ cup flour or 1 tbs corn starch for thickening at the end,
Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray (you'll thank me at clean-up)
- Roll the beef cubes in the ½ cup of flour then place in crock pot.
- Add in carrots and potatoes
- Top with onion, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Pour beer over top (If you'd like you can substitute beer for any carbonated liquid-- it tenderizes the beef).
- Cover and cook on low 7 hours until meat is tender.
- Turn control to high.
- Dissolve remaining flour or cornstarch in small amount of cool water.
- Stir into meat mixture, cook on high 10-40 minutes- until sauce thickens. (Flour takes longer but if you find your crock pot gets really hot you may need less time.)